Quick Facts You Need to Know About match.com
- match.com has been matching couples for over 20 years.
- Match Group operates the site.
- The dating website was founded in 1993 to prove the practicability of online classified ads.
- It has a free downloadable mobile app.
- This dating platform has over 8 million members.
- Most members of the site are looking for long-term and serious relationships.
In-Depth Match.com review
As one of the oldest pillars in online dating sites, match.com’s primary goal is to provide everyone with an online dating experience worth their money, time, and effort. The site guarantees that if you can't find an ideal partner using their services in half a year, you can have additional 6-months of free membership.
Match.com has produced more relationships and marriages than any other online dating platform. It promotes meeting new friends, finding connections, and maybe even finding a new love through its events and activities.
- Profile creation and be visible in search results
- Send Likes
- View other members’ profiles
- Upload a photo
- Search for matches
- Receive daily recommended matches
- Communicate with your recommended matches
- Send and reply to messages from other members who are not part of your Recommendation List
- Visibility on when a member reads your email through the Email Read Notification
- Visibility on who viewed and “liked” you
- Access to the chatroom
- Extensive search filters
- Access to the Match Me feature
- Exclusive use of the MatchPhone
- Participate in Video Dates
- Priority access to Match Events
Who Uses match.com?
With more than 20 million members globally, most online dating community members on the site are from the US.
The gender distribution of the members is proportional, and there is good participation in each of the age ranges, making this dating platform diverse and ideal for all age groups and all sexual orientations.
Members of match.com are required to share their relationship status during their profile reviews — whether they’re separated, divorced, or never married. Match.com has no room for those currently involved or in a relationship.
As a good percentage of members are looking for committed and serious relationships, the engagement and activity levels within site are impressively high.
How to Start Chatting at match.com?
Before you can exchange messages and chat with other members on the matchmaking site, you have to create your account and establish your profile first.
Creating your account only takes a couple of minutes. After providing your details, you will be redirected to an online profile builder where you can give more details about yourself and complete an “About Me” section. Here, you can also upload your photo.
You can now check the recommended matches that the matchmaking site provides you daily. If you find someone interesting, you click the profile of this user and send them a message.
Pros and Cons
- Easy sign-up process
- The match.com interface is simple and user friendly
- The site makes perfect sense with no confusing and unnecessary details
- Established and well-respected online dating platform
- Members can remove singles from their searches
- Plenty of add-ons to enhance the overall dating experience
- Mobile version offers easy access for Android and Apple users
- Online ads for non-premium members
- No verification system
- match.com accidentally blocks actual members assuming that their profiles are fake
match.com allows its members to upload up to 26 photos to your profile. It will also let you see currently active users or at least when they were active the last time.
The member profiles on match.com are very detailed, considering that most of the members provide more personal descriptions when building their accounts. All members have to complete the mandatory self-written profile summary, which helps the site check their compatibility with other members.
Despite not having a verification system, the number of fake profiles in match.com is far fewer when compared to other sites. The messaging system is exclusive to paid members, so scammers would have a hard time phishing for information.
Nonetheless, all members are encouraged to report fake accounts if necessary.
match.com Site Reviews
Donald McRiley, 35 years old, Utah
“Match.com dating site means business. I will give it a rating of 10 because it was able to live up to its commitment of finding me an ideal partner in 6 months or less. I met my current girlfriend on the matchmaking site, and everything has been perfect since.”
Jenny Owens, 28 years old, Columbia
“Surprisingly, this is one of the free lesbian dating sites that are really supportive of the LGBT community. Their recommended matches are impressive. I have never felt so excited and hopeful that I can find my perfect match here on the matchmaking site.”
Matt Nguyen, 48 years old, South Carolina
“I am confident that the matchmaking site will help me find the right partner. It might take time, but I value the people and friends I got to meet through this dating application. This is a no-nonsense app which I really like.”
I am pleased with match.com’s design and usability. Both the online mobile application and PC version have straightforward and clean designs, which I prefer. I can easily see and access all the features that I can access in the menu.
The overall look is also new generation-friendly, with sections and headers being represented by icons. I am impressed by its minimalistic and no-fuss design. With its standard white and blue theme, there are bits of pink used to emphasize some icons. This makes it more appealing, and I can go on for hours on either my PC or my phone going through the site.
The daily recommended matches are something I look forward to every day, and so far, I’ve met promising partners I am still getting to know at this point. The matchmaking site understands the need for everyone to have a good someone in life, and they deliver with flying colors. My match.com website review is nothing but positive.